This product is our RFM12B breakout board for HopeRF’s RFM12B ISM band wireless RF transceiver modules. The RFM12B breakout board gives you access to all the pins on the RFM12B module in a through hole format so that it is easy to use in a prototyping environment. The pin spacing allows you to mount this in a breadboard! The antenna connection is a convenient SMA male connector allowing you to attach anything from a stub antenna up to a yagi for superior range. This gives our RFM12B breakout boards the best range of any on the market!
These RFM12B breakout boards come with the RFM12B module pre-installed, so all you have to do is attach the breakout board to your project and you’ll be up and running!! You can choose either a 433MHz, 868MHz or 915MHz RFM12B module.
The HopeRF RFM12B is a low cost 433MHz, 868MHz & 915MHZ wireless ISM band FSK transceiver module (frequency depends on the product selected). These modules operate in the 434MHz, 868MHz & 915MHz ISM bands and fully comply with FCC and ETSI regulations. The with a receiver sensitivity of -110dBm combined with the +7dBm make this an ideal choice for short range RF links. The RFM12B’s wide operating voltage range of 2.2–3.8 V and low current consumption makes the RFM12B an good choice for battery powered applications.
Communication with the RFM12B is via a standard 4-wire SPI interface. This interface allows the user to set the operating frequency band, data rate, send and receive data using the 16-bit FIFO and module output power.
The RFM12B breakout board comes in a 14-pin DIP compatible module, with pins spaced at 2.54mm (suitable for breadboard use) and uses an SMA male connector for the antenna.
RFM12B modules are a very popular wireless transceiver module. They are heavily used in home automation projects such as, OpenEnergyMonitor, in addition there some excellent open source RFM12B libraries for Arduino. Our RFM12B breakout boards are compatible with Arduino code and RFM12B based home automation systems.
- Frequency Range: 433MHz, 868MHz or 915MHz ISM bands (depending on the version purchased)
- SMA male connector for antenna
- Mounts directly onto our nanoTRONICS24 – PIC24 Development Board
- 14-pin DIP package with 2.54mm pin spacing can be mounted directly onto a breadboard or prototyping board
- Purple Soldermask and white silkscreen – looks fantastic
- Highest quality ENIG plated PCB to ensure years of reliable operation
- Modulation: FSK
- Sensitivity: -110 dBm
- Output power range: +7 dBm max – register configurable
- Data Rate: up to 115 kbps
- Power Supply: 2.2 V to 3.8 V
- Programmable TX frequency deviation (from 15 to 240 kHz)
- Programmable receiver bandwidth (from 67 to 400 kHz)
- Digital and analogue RSSI
- Wake-up timer
- Automatic frequency control (AFC)
- Automatic antenna tuning
- 16-bit RX data FIFO
- Fast PLL lock time
- High resolution PLL with 2.5KHz step
- Analogue and digital signal strength indicator
- Internal data filtering and clock recovery
- Clock signal output for external microcontroller use
- 10MHz crystal for PLL timing
- Dimensions: 50 x 50 x 20 mm
ISM Band Frequency Usage
It is the purchasers responsibility to ensure that the module purchased conforms with their local laws and regulations. If you aren’t sure please consult your local RF spectrum authority. The following table is a guide only:
- RFM12B Carrier / Breakout Board Schematic
- RFM12B Datasheet
- RFM12B Programming Guide
- RFM12B Manufacturer Provided Demo Code
- 433MHZ Rubber Stub Antenna – SMA male
- 915MHz / 868MHz Rubber Stub Antenna – SMA male
- nanoTRONICS24 – PIC24 Development Board PCB – USB / RFM22B / LCD
Note: It is the purchasers responsibility to ensure this module conforms to their local laws and regulations.