MRF24WG0MA breakout board (carrier board), with installed Microchip MRF24WG0MA certified IEEE 802.11 b/g WiFi module, designed for embedded applications. Our carrier board gives you access to all the pins on the MRF24WG0MA Wifi module, in a through hole format, that is designed for ease of use, in both the prototyping environment and production applications. The MRF24WG0MA is a low power, 2.4GHz, IEEE 802.11-compliant, surface mount modules with all associated RF components like crystal oscillator, bypass and bias passives with integrated MAC, baseband, RF and power amplifier, and built in hardware support for AES, and TKIP (WEP, WPA, WPA2 security). The modules also provide acceleration for hosts running WPA-EAP application security. The integrated module frees the embedded application designer, from the RF and antenna design tasks, and regulatory compliance testing, ultimately providing a quicker development cycle. The MRF24WG0MA module is approved for use with the integrated PCB meander antenna. Microchip’s MRF24WG0MA Wifi module makes an excellent alternative to the TI CC3000 module, as it comes with a free TCP/IP stack for use on Microchip devices.
This breakout board comes with an installed MRF24WG0MA module so you can be up and running straight away. With the MRF24WG0MA’s inbuilt antenna you don’t have to worry about selecting or designing a perfect antenna. For more information on Microchip’s MRF24WG0MA Wifi module visit its product page or download the datasheets and application notes below. The MRF24WG0MA breakout board PCB comes in a 14-pin DIP compatible module, with pins spaced at 2.54mm (suitable for breadboard use).
- Pre-soldered MRF24WG0MA 802.11bg wifi module
- 14-pin DIP compatible PCB, pins spaced at the standard 2.54mm
- Inbuilt 2.4GHz PCB antenna
- Can be mounted directly onto a breadboard or prototyping board
- Mounts directly onto our nanoTRONICS24 – PIC24 Development Board
- On board decoupling capacitors – for improved wireless module performance and range
- Our trademark purple soldermask and white silk screen – looks fantastic
- Highest quality ENIG plated PCB to reduce corrosion and enable easy soldering
- Dimensions: 40 x 33 x 1.6 mm
- MRF24WG0MA – Breakout Board Schematic
- MRF24WG0MA – Product Datasheet
- Microchip MRF24W Getting Started Guide for MRF24WG0MA/B for MLA v5
- Microchip Application Libraries – TCP/IP Stack