This product is our RFM69HW breakout board, for HopeRF’s RFM69HW long range ISM band wireless RF transceiver modules. The RFM69HW breakout board gives you access to all the pins on the RFM69HW module in a through hole format, so that it is easy to use in a prototyping environment. The pin spacing on this breakout board allows you to mount the RFM69HW module onto a breadboard! The antenna connection is a convenient SMA male connector allowing you to attach anything from a stub antenna up to a yagi for superior range. This gives our RFM69HW breakout boards the best range of any on the market!
These RFM69HW breakout boards come with the RFM69HW module pre-installed, so all you have to do is attach the breakout board to your project and you’ll be up and running!! Depending on availability, you can choose either a 433MHz, 868MHz or 915MHz RFM69HW module.
The HopeRF RFM69HW is a low cost, long range, highly integrated, 433MHz, 868MHz & 915MHz RF wireless ISM transceiver module (frequency depends on the product selected). The high receiver sensitivity (–121dBm @ 1.2kbps) coupled with industry leading +20dBm output power ensures extended range and improved link performance. These modules can communicate over many, many km’s depending on the data rate and RF environment. All major RF communication parameters are programmable and most of them can be dynamically set. The RFM69HW offers the unique advantage of programmable narrow-band and wide-band communication modes without the need to modify external components. The RFM69HW is optimized for low power consumption while offering high RF output power and channelized operation. TrueRF™ technology enables a low-cost external component count (elimination of the SAW filter) whilst still satisfying ETSI and FCC regulations. The wide operating voltage range of 1.8–3.6 V and low current consumption makes the RFM69HW an ideal solution for battery powered applications.
Communication with the RFM69HW module is via a standard 4-wire SPI interface. Three configurable general purpose I/Os are also available, the use of which can be tailored for the needs of your project or solution. The RFM69HW also incorporates a range of other features, including an 8-bit ADC, temperature sensor, RX and TX FIFOs, AES encryption and low-battery detection. A datasheet for this product is available below (manufacturer provided)
The RFM69HW breakout board comes in a 14-pin DIP compatible module, with pins spaced at 2.54mm (suitable for breadboard use) and uses an SMA male connector for the antenna.
- Frequency Range: 433MHz, 868MHz or 915MHz ISM bands (depending on the version purchased)
- SMA male connector for antenna
- Mounts directly onto our nanoTRONICS24 – PIC24 Development Board
- 14-pin DIP package with 2.54mm pin spacing can be mounted directly onto a breadboard or prototyping board
- Purple Soldermask and white silkscreen – looks fantastic
- Highest quality ENIG plated PCB to ensure years of reliable operation and easy soldering
- RX Sensitivity: -121 dBm @1.4kpbs
- Output power range: +20 dBm Max (programmable -18 to +20 dBm in 1dB step)
- Data Rate: 0.123 to 300kbps
- Supported Modulation Types: FSK, GFSK, MSK, GMSK and OOK
- High Selectivity: 16-tap FIR Channel Filter
- Bullet-proof front end: IIP3 = -18 dBm, IIP2 = +35 dBm,80 dB Blocking Immunity, no Image Frequency response
- Power Supply: 1.8 to 3.6 V (ideal for battery powered applications)
- Ultra low power shutdown mode (100nA register retention)
- Low operating current: Rx = 16 mA
- Built-in Bit Synchronizer performing Clock Recovery
- Incoming Sync Word Recognition
- Automatic RF Sense with ultra-fast AFC
- Packet engine with CRC-16 and AES-128 encryption support
- 66-byte TX & RX FIFO
- Built-in temperature sensor
- Dimensions: 50 x 50 x 20 mm
ISM Band Frequency Usage
It is the purchasers responsibility to ensure that the module purchased conforms with their local laws and regulations. If you aren’t sure please consult your local RF spectrum authority. The following table is a guide only:
- RFM69HW Breakout Board Schematic
- RFM69HW Datasheet
- RFM69HW 433MHz FCC Test Report – Manufacturer Provided
- RFM69HW 433MHz ETSI Test Report – Manufacturer Provided
- RFM69HW Demo Code – Manufacturer Provided
- nanoTRONICS24 PIC24 Development Board with wireless module support
- 433MHZ Rubber Stub Antenna – SMA male
- 915MHz / 868MHz Rubber Stub Antenna – SMA male
Note: It is the purchasers responsibility to ensure this module conforms to their local laws and regulations.