This product is our RFM22B breakout board, for the RFM22B RF transceiver modules from HopeRF. The RFM22B breakout board gives you access to all the pins on the RFM22B module in a through hole format so that it is easy to use in a prototyping environment. The antenna connection is a convenient SMA connector so you can attach anything from a stub antenna up to a yagi for superior range (we have been able to communicate over many km’s using these modules with good antennas).
These RFM22B breakout boards come with the RFM22B module pre-installed, so all you have to do is attach the breakout board to your project and you’ll be up and running!!
The HopeRF RFM22B is a low cost, highly integrated, 433, 868 & 915MHZ wireless ISM transceiver module (frequency depends on the product selected). The low receiver sensitivity (–121dBm) coupled with industry leading +20dBm output power ensures extended range and improved link performance. These modules can communicate of many, many km’s depending on the data rate and RF environment Built-in antenna diversity and support for frequency hopping can be used to further extend range and enhance performance. The wide operating voltage range of 1.8–3.6 V and low current consumption makes the RFM22B an ideal solution for battery powered applications.
Communication with the RFM22B module uses a standard 4-wire SPI interface. Three configurable general purpose I/Os are also available, the use of which can be tailored for the needs of your project or solution. The RFM22B also incorporates a range of other features, including an 8-bit ADC, temperature sensor, RX and TX FIFOs, and low-battery detection. A datasheet for this product is available below (manufacturer provided)
The breakout board comes in a 14pin DIP compatible module, with pins spaced at 2.54mm (suitable for breadboard use) and uses an SMA connector for the antenna.
- Frequency Range: 433MHz, 868MHz or 915MHz ISM (depending on the purchased version)
- SMA connector for antenna
- Mounts directly onto our nanoTRONICS24 – PIC24 Development Board
- 14-pin DIP package with 2.54mm pin spacing can be mounted directly onto a breadboard or prototyping board
- Purple Soldermask and white silkscreen – looks fantastic
- Highest quality ENIG plated PCB to ensure years of reliable operation
- Jumpers to control TXANT and RXANT pins if required – reducing microcontroller pins required
- Sensitivity = -121 dBm
- Output power range: +20 dBm Max
- Data Rate = 0.123 to 256 kbps
- FSK, GFSK, and OOK modulation
- Power Supply = 1.8 to 3.6 V
- Ultra low power shutdown mode
- Digital RSSI
- Wake-up timer
- Auto-frequency calibration (AFC)
- Power-on-reset (POR)
- Antenna diversity and TR switch control
- Configurable packet handler
- Preamble detector
- TX and RX 64 byte FIFOs
- Low battery detector
- Temperature sensor and 8-bit ADC
- –40 to +85 °C temperature range
- Integrated voltage regulators
- Frequency hopping capability
- On-chip crystal tuning
- Dimensions: 50 x 50 x 20 mm
- RFM22B Carrier / Breakout Board Schematic
- RFM22B Datasheet
- RFM22B Register Description
- Manufacturer Provided Demo Code
- RFM22B Register Configuration Spreadsheet
- 433MHZ Rubber Stub Antenna – SMA male
- nanoTRONICS24 – PIC24 Development Board PCB – USB / RFM22B / LCD
Note: It is the purchasers responsibility to ensure this module conforms to their local laws and regulations.