The HopeRF RFM12B is a low cost, 433, 868 & 915MHZ wireless ISM band FSK transceiver module (frequency depends on the product selected). These modules operate in the 434MHz, 868MHz & 915MHz bands and fully comply with FCC and ETSI regulations. The with a receiver sensitivity of -110dBm combined with the +7dBm make this an ideal choice for short range RF links. The RFM12B’s wide operating voltage range of 2.2–3.8 V and low current consumption makes the RFM12B an good choice for battery powered applications.
Communication with the RFM12B is via a standard 4-wire SPI interface. This interface allows the user to set the operating frequency band, data rate, send and receive data using the 16-bit FIFO and module output power.
The module comes in a 14-pin, 16.1 x 15.9mm SMD package, with pins spaced every 2mm. If you don’t want to solder this module yourself, we sell a fully constructed RFM12B breakout board with an installed module and SMA connector – you can view it here.
Features at a glance
- Frequency Range: 433MHz, 868MHz or 915MHz ISM bands(depending on the purchased version)
- Modulation: FSK
- Sensitivity: -110 dBm
- Output power range: +7 dBm max – register configurable
- Data Rate: up to 115 kbps
- Power Supply: 2.2 V to 3.8 V
- Programmable TX frequency deviation (from 15 to 240 kHz)
- Programmable receiver bandwidth (from 67 to 400 kHz)
- Digital and analogue RSSI
- Wake-up timer
- Automatic frequency control (AFC)
- Automatic antenna tuning
- 16-bit RX data FIFO
- Fast PLL lock time
- High resolution PLL with 2.5KHz step
- Analogue and digital signal strength indicator
- Internal data filtering and clock recovery
- Clock and reset signal outputs for external microcontroller use
- 10MHz crystal for PLL timing
- Dimensions: 16.1mm x 15.9mm
ISM Band Frequency Usage
It is the purchasers responsibility to ensure that the module purchased conforms with their local laws and regulations. If you aren’t sure please consult your local RF spectrum authority. The following table is a guide only:
- RFM12B Breakout Board Bare PCB
- RFM12B Breakout Board – with module installed
- 433MHZ Rubber Stub Antenna – SMA male
- 915MHZ / 868MHz Rubber Stub Antenna – SMA male
Note: It is the purchasers responsibility to ensure this module conforms to their local laws and regulations.