The picoTRONICS24 is our latest USB PIC24 development kit, for Microchips high performance range of 16-bit microcontrollers. This high quality, yet very affordable, development board comes fully populated, including with a PIC24FJ64GB004 microcontroller, with all the components you’ll need to get started with your project straight away.
This development kit is designed for ease of use, is well suited for those who want to get cracking on their microcontroller projects straight away. The picoTRONICS24 is very simple to use, and comes fully constructed with all the parts you’ll need to get started straight way.
The picoTRONICS24 is designed for Microchips powerful range of 16-bit microcontrollers in 44-pin TQFP packages. We really like the PIC24FJ64GB004-I/PT and have installed this on your board. The PIC24FJ64GB004 offers numerous features including: USB (without the need for external components), inbuilt oscillator (stable enough for use with USB), ADCs, hardware RTCC (user will need to solder a 32.768 KHz watch crystal for the RTCC) and peripherals that support peripheral pin select (allowing them to be assigned to almost any IO pin) including: 2 x UART, 2 x SPI, 2 x I2C, Charge Time Measurement Unit (CTMU) for capacitive touch interface and many more.
Note: Unless specifically selected the picoTRONCIS24 development kit does not come with soldered headers. These are provided separately for the customer to solder themselves.
- High quality fully constructed PIC24 development board / kit
- Comes preconfigured with a PIC24FJ64GB004 PIC24 16-bit microcontroller
- Up to 16 MIPS performance
- 64KB of flash memory
- 8KB of RAM
- 35 IO pins – user configurable functions (via peripheral pin select)
- Full Speed, USB 2.0
- Extremely low power (features Microchips nanoWatt technology)
- 2 x UART, 2 x SPI, 2 x I2C, 5 x 16-bit timers, ADC
- High quality development board with purple soldermask and ENIG finish
- Mini-USB connector
- UART Support via FTDI TTL to USB header – see our FTDI USB to TTL Serial Breakout Board
- Reset Button
- User definable push button – connects to the PIC24 external interrupt pin
- User controllable LEDs
- Power LED
- External system and RTC crystal support – neither required for standard operation (user installable)
- USB Bus powered or externally powered (+5V)
- Microchip ICSP interface – supports PICKit3 Microchip Programmer / Debugger
- Mounting holes
- Dimensions: 70 x 43 x 5 mm
PIC24 Microcontroller Development Board Schematic
PIC24 Microcontroller Development Board Example C Source Code
- picoTRONICS24 – PIC Microcontroller Development Board – Example Software – the factory loaded HEX file
- Flashes the LED based on a timer
- Provides user interaction via UART and USB
- picoTRONCIS24 – PIC Microcontroller Development Board – Example Project – the project files for the factory loaded software. An excellent way to get coding with the development board yourself. This software uses, and we recommend, the Open Source M-Stack USB Stack for Microchip PIC18 / PIC24 and PIC32 microcontrollers. More information on the stack (and source code) can be downloaded from Signal11 software at: Their website or Github