The picoTRONICS24 is our latest PIC24 development board, for Microchips range of 16-bit microcontrollers. This board is an extremely high quality microcontroller development board featuring our stylish purple soldermask and a high quality ENIG finish (for easy soldering).
This board, designed for ease of use, is well suited for those who want to get cracking on their microcontroller projects straight away. The picoTRONICS24 is very simple to use, with minimal external components required, and as such you’ll be up and running very quickly.
The picoTRONICS24 is designed for Microchips powerful range of 16-bit microcontrollers in 44-pin TQFP packages. We really like the PIC24FJ64GB004-I/PT, but Microchip also offers many other PIC24 devices in 44-pin TQFP packages that are compatible with this board. The PIC24FJ64GB004 offers numerous features including: USB (without the need for external components), inbuilt oscillator (stable enough for use with USB), ADCs, hardware RTCC and peripherals that support peripheral pin select (allowing them to be assigned to almost any IO pin) including: 2 x UART, 2 x SPI, 2 x I2C, Charge Time Measurement Unit (CTMU) for capacitive touch interface and many more.
Looking to do a DIY build of the picoTRONICS24 development board? Access our Mouser Shopping Cart for the picoTRONICS24 which contains everything you’ll need (except the male headers).
- High quality development board with purple soldermask and ENIG finish
- Compatible with Microchip 16-bit microcontrollers with a 44-pin TQFP footprint
- Mini-USB connector – board has USB support
- UART Support via FTDI TTL to USB header – see our FTDI USB to TTL Serial Breakout Board
- Reset Button
- User definable push button – connects to the PIC24 external interrupt pin
- User controllable LEDs
- Power LED
- External system and RTC crystal support – neither required for standard operation
- Suits PIC24 16-bit, and some PIC32 32-bit, microcontrollers – we often use the PIC24FJ64GB004
- USB Bus powered or externally powered (+5V)
- Microchip ICSP interface – supports PICKit3 Microchip Programmer / Debugger
- Mounting holes
- Dimensions: 70 x 43 x 5 mm
PIC24 Microcontroller Development Board Schematic
- picoTRONICS24 – PIC24 Development Board Schematic
- picoTRONICS24 – PIC24 Development Board BOM
- picoTRONICS24 – Mouser Shopping Cart
PIC24 Microcontroller Development Board Example C Source Code
- picoTRONICS24 – PIC Microcontroller Development Board – Example Software – the factory loaded HEX file
- Flashes the LED based on a timer
- Provides user interaction via UART and USB
- picoTRONCIS24 – PIC Microcontroller Development Board – Example Project – the project files for the factory loaded software. An excellent way to get coding with the development board yourself. This software uses, and we recommend, the Open Source M-Stack USB Stack for Microchip PIC18 / PIC24 and PIC32 microcontrollers. More information on the stack (and source code) can be downloaded from Signal11 software at: Their website or Github