The nanoTRONICS24 is our most advanced PIC24 development board, it’s compatible with Microchips range of 16-bit microcontrollers. This development board offers a number of advanced features including, an LCD interface, mini-USB connector and RFM22B breakout board mounting headers. The PCB itself is very high quality featuring our stylish purple soldermask and a high quality ENIG finish (for easy soldering).
The nanoTRONICS24, PIC24 USB /LCD / RF Development Board, is designed for those who want a flexible and powerful development board for Microchip’s PIC24 16-bit microcontroller devices. Whilst being powerful and flexible, the nanoTRONICS24 is very simple to use, with minimal external components required to get it up and running. The nanoTRONICS24 features headers for our RFM22B Breakout Board, RFM12B Breakout Board, RFM69HW Breakout Board & Microchip MRF24WG0MA Wifi Module Breakout Board, providing an easy wireless solution for hobbyists, and 16×2 LCD modules, allowing for a simple display solution.
The nanoTRONICS24 is designed for Microchips powerful range of 16-bit microcontrollers in 44-pin TQFP packages. We really like the PIC24FJ64GB004-I/PT, but Microchip also offers many other PIC24 devices in 44-pin TQFP packages that are compatible with this board. The PIC24FJ64GB004 offers numerous features including: USB (without the need for external components), inbuilt oscillator (stable enough for use with USB), ADCs, hardware RTCC and peripherals that support peripheral pin select (allowing them to be assigned to almost any IO pin) including: 2 x UART, 2 x SPI, 2 x I2C, Charge Time Measurement Unit (CTMU) for capacitive touch interface and many more.
Want to do a DIY build of our nanoTRONICS24 PCB and don’t have the parts? We’ve shared our nanoTRONICS24 Mouser Shopping Cart – it contains everything you need except the SIL Male Headers, 16×2 LCD Module and RF modules, the latter two can be purchased from our site.
- Powerful and fully featured Microchip PIC24 development board
- Wireless Support Via our Wifi or Long Range HopeRF Breakout Boards including:
- Mini-USB connector – board has USB support – USB Powered (plus support for an external 5V supply if desired)
- 16×2 Character LCD header – 4-bit interface, adjustable contrast – providing an easy option for implementing a user interface
- Compatible with Microchip 16-bit microcontrollers with a 44-pin TQFP footprint
- UART Support via FTDI TTL to USB header – see our FTDI USB to TTL Serial Breakout Board
- Reset Button
- User definable push button – connects to the PIC24 external interrupt pin
- Two user controllable LEDs
- Power LED
- External system and RTC crystal support – neither required for standard operation
- Suits PIC24 16-bit, and some PIC32 32-bit, microcontrollers – we often use the PIC24FJ64GB004
- USB Bus powered or externally powered (+5V)
- Microchip ICSP interface – supports PICKit3 Microchip Programmer / Debugger
- High quality development board with purple soldermask and ENIG finish
- Mounting holes
- Dimensions: 90 x 56 x 2 mm
- nanoTRONICS24 – PIC24 USB/RFM22B/LCD Development Board Schematic
- nanoTRONICS24 – PIC24 USB/RFM22B/LCD Development Board BOM
- nanoTRONICS24 – Mouser Shopping Cart – for DIY Builds