The Microchip MRF24WG0MA is a certified IEEE 802.11 b/g WiFi radio transceiver module, designed for embedded applications. The MRF24WG0MA has an integrated PCB antenna, matching circuitry, and supports WiFi with the free TCP/IP protocol stack. The MRF24WG0MA module connects to hundreds of PIC microcontrollers via a 4 wire SPI interface. Using this SPI interface the MRF24WG0MA is also compatible with other microcontrollers such as ARM and Arduino.
The MRF24WG0MA is a low power, 2.4GHz, IEEE 802.11-compliant, surface mount modules with all associated RF components like crystal oscillator, bypass and bias passives with integrated MAC, baseband, RF and power amplifier, and built in hardware support for AES, and TKIP (WEP, WPA, WPA2 security). The modules also provide acceleration for hosts running WPA-EAP application security. The integrated module frees the embedded application designer, from the RF and antenna design tasks, and regulatory compliance testing, ultimately providing a quicker development cycle. The MRF24WG0MA module is approved for use with the integrated PCB meander antenna.
The module comes in a 36-pin, 21 x 31mm, SMD package, with pins spaced by 1.27mm. If you don’t want to solder this module yourself we sell a fully constructed MRF24WG0MA breakout board – coming soon!
Features at a glance
- Frequency Range: 2.4GHz (2.4GHz – 2.483GHz)
- RX Sensitivity: -95dBm
- Wifi Standards: 802.11g/b (Compatible with IEEE 802.11b/g/n networks)
- Data Rate: 11Mbps (Supports low power, low data rate WiFi)
- Modulation Type: PSK
- Power Supply: 2.8V – 3.6V
- Interface: SPI
- Encryption: WEP, WPA, WPA2 security (WiFi protected setup (WPS))
- Antenna: Integrated PCB Antenna
- Certifications / approvals: FCC (USA), IC (Canada), ETSI (Europe) certified
- Dimensions: 21 x 31 x 2.7 mm
- MRF24WG0MA – Product Datasheet
- Microchip MRF24W Getting Started Guide for MRF24WG0MA/B for MLA v5
- Microchip Application Libraries – TCP/IP Stack
- MRF24WG0MA Breakout Board – Bare PCB
- MRF24WG0MA Breakout Board
- nanoTRONICS24 PIC24 Development Board
- nanoTRONICS24 PIC24 Develpment Board – Bare PCB
Note: It is the purchasers responsibility to ensure this module conforms to their local laws and regulations.